Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Blind Money

In an article titled "Show Us the Money", written by Cyrys Habib, she tells us how the blind get taken advantage of when using paper cash.  The blind, are upset with the Treasury that their is no way to tell the difference between the bills, but with a $75 million dollar price tag to make bills different, I would have a hard time changing the bills when the blind has other options.  Everywhere I go, I see "Debit accepted here".  In the last few years, I never never gone somewhere where credit/debit is not accepted, even with local mom and pop stores.  So for $75 million, why should they change the way bills are made?  I feel the arguments made by the blind are totally different than others.  Such as them saying its the same difference as wheelchair ramps for the handicap.  This is a bad reasoning because someone in a wheelchair can physically not get up on the curb them self, where the blind does have other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment