Wednesday, February 19, 2014

California's Rights

Recently reading an article tiled "Gay Rights in California", I seen some known, but interesting things.  In 2008, they passed a vote with 52% - 48% banning gay marriage.  I see reasons as why to ban this, but way more reasons as to why not to.  One being, its not you.  If who you find to be attractive a same-sex person, so be it.  It is none of my business, nor it any business of the government.  They then go into blame Obama for not "talking" about the topic during his presidential race to help keep the ban from going into effect.  Although I feel that it would not have killed him in his race to tell his reasons as to why it should not be banned, it may have.  But now that he is president, why is he not taking the steps to lift this ban.  I feel as though these couples are not hurting anyone, and it should be their choice who they talk to.
On the bright side for these couples in California, it is said that the same demographic trends that doomed gay marriage this year also guarantee its eventual victory, so maybe in a couple of years people voting "no", will realize its not a big deal, and surely none of their business.

No comments:

Post a Comment